Job title: Cook (bank)
Rates: Salary to be discussed at interview
1. To assist in ordering and procuring fresh food and other foodstuff supplies from Preferred Suppliers.
2. To monitor stock control and to inform the Manager of any discrepancies. Ensure proper stock rotation of foodstuffs to minimise wastage, and to dispose of promptly any foodstuff found to be past "sell-by" dates for any reason.
3. To prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard, as directed by the Head Chef, and promptly in accordance with agreed meal times.
4. To prepare special diet meals as needed, and as directed
5. To ensure timely and efficient cleaning of all dishes and cooking utensils.
6. To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times, in accordance with the appropriate Food Hygiene Regulations.
7. To implement safe working procedures and practices in accordance with Health & Safety legislation.
8. To ensure safe operation and maintenance, as needed, of all kitchen equipment. To report to the Head Chef any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe.
9. To assist in the monitoring and recording of refrigerator, chiller and freezer temperatures in accordance with Environmental Health requirements.
10. To assist the Manager in the resolution of any complaints concerning the catering service.
11. To undertake other duties, as may be necessary from time-to-time.
Acountable to: Manager